Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Bishop High Training Update

Last week was a good week in training. I actually was able to crank out a few long runs and even did a trail run on tired legs Sunday. I think I went a little over 40 Miles last week. I am hoping for a similar week this week.

I also just ordered a “buff.” I was looking into bandanas and the like to help with keeping cool or keeping the dust out of my face. The “buff” seems to fit the bill, can be used as a bandana, scarf, towel, beanie, etc… I will probably carry it in the pack and bust it out in the middle of the day to get some cooling action going.

Nutrition wise I am settling on Hammer Gels, Endurolytes and water. I have been practicing consuming 200-250 calories per hour during training and that seems to keep me steady. This week I will focus on ounces per hour. Hammer nutrition suggests 23-26 oz per hr. I have been trying to keep it at that level and being conscious about it has helped. I run a little dehydrated but no GI issues. Its just going to come down to walking that thin hydration vs. over hydration line a la Jonny Cash.


No comments: