Thursday, October 27, 2011

Paleo Diet - Training Update

I have been feeling different while doing the Paleo Diet. In a nutshell it means no dairy, no grains, no processed foods, no sugar, ok to honey on occasion and lean meat, lot of veggies and fresh stuff. Honestly, it is just treating your body better and not throwing so much crap into it. In the short period of time that I have been on this program I have felt cleaner. I am not sure of a different way to say it. Before I was eating anything in front of me that tasted good and now that I am paying attention to what I put in my body I can feel when something simply does not work for me or makes me feel weak or sluggish. Performance speaking I am not sure if it is better or not because I have not experienced it during a heavy training cycle yet. I can tell that I am leaning out a bit and a touch more defined in the major muscle groups, not cut, just more defined. 

Training wise I think that I am mentally feeling better. I want to attempt a 100 miler next year. I know that it is double my longest distance and that it will require an almost monk-like training to complete but I think I have it in me to push to that edge. Who knows, I may finally get that “ahhh ha” moment of enlightenment all these ultra runners get. If there is a time to go for something different why not now, why not today ?

 

No comments: