Sunday, July 1, 2007

blah blah blahdibliblah

Its been a tough week for me. I have had to deal with random issues and a past that I am trying to run away from. Everyday I have had to deal with some issue I have gone out riding. I don't know what it is about dirt, two wheels, and a relentless sun that makes me feel better. I think it is a self dicipline notion. I never really thought about it too much but the fact that a rider goes out and beats himself up on a mountain, a trail or a steep incline is what I think makes cycling or bike riding if you will one of the most personal, and team sports around. I know there are a lot of sports that involve similar elements..but cycling I believe does something special. It reverses the natural order of things. Let me try to explain.

A machine is meant to aliviate humans in some way and to promote efficiency. The machine does something that helps the work be easier. When riding a bike, the fuel for the machine is the person. And as a rider you continuously push your limits to try and be able to find that point where no matter how round the wheel is, it just won't move. In the last week I have done a fair amount of riding on single track roads. I am by no means as efficient as I am on paved roads but thats not the point. I move through shrubs and rocks as a kid ina candy store. Its fun, just plain fun. I have been reluctant to use that word, becuase i always feel that i have to use the proper term or expression. But eh, whatevs.

Anyways after that rant, I had a nice week, worked really killed me though. I will never admit it but its difficult sometimes. Also this last week I had some LSAT classes which really are pushing me in a way I have not been pushed in since college. The games section of the LSAT may be my toughest. The arguments section I am practicing more often and i feel a lot better about it, but the games I have having difficulty with. I hope that the tips I learn in class will facilitate them because holy ish. Pardon my french.

You know there is something that annys me about relationships that I will never understand. Why are there stereotypes in relationships where both people are claiming to be independent and free of the qualms of a traditional society. For example, why should a man have to open a door for a lady if its the case that they are equals, can't she open her own door? Well the answer is no, of course she can't because a gentlemen always opens the door. So its in my opinion a contrastin concept. They want a chivalrous man who will do the whole couting deal, but then when shit hits the fan they do not step up to the plate and say what they want and stick to it. its confusing...anyways...side rants as usual. I am going to to try and come up on some tickets for the ely guerra concert at the HOB in anaheim, we'll see how that all goes down, but its going to be a while till that one.

No comments: