Tuesday, December 29, 2009

This year

This year has been one of the toughest one’s for me in a long time.  My life has completely changed and I am not certain if the change is for the better or the worse.  This year I was able to achieve one of my long term goals; entering law school.  Now remaining in school still remains to be determined since my final grades have not been posted yet.  It was a struggle from the beginning to attempt to refocus life from a settled existence to one of stress and a lot of reading.  

I thank God, family and friends for the support they have given me in this first semester.  They had to deal with my stress, mood changes, late night reading and odd hours of operation.  I could not have done anything without their words of encouragement and acts of kindness.
Another change in life this year is that I shall begin the year as a single person.  It is odd being single.  I was in a long relationship with a great person but things simply did not work out.  I learned a lot about myself and a lot about the abilities I have for good as well as for not so good.  I think I was placed into that situation to both help myself and my gf at the time.  I pray that she learned as much from me as I did from her.

I currently find myself connecting with friends I had not spoken too in years.  It is fun to be reminded of how much or how little I have changed.  I think that it is part of just getting comfortable in my own skin again.  I am going to remain single for sometime; I feel that having been in a long relationship deserves a pause to reflect on what the experience is meant to teach you.  

My golf swing is getting better!!!  I think that it is mainly due to the fact that now instead of being bored at home or somewhere else I have been going to the golf range or the course.  Golf forces you to only think of the mechanics of your own body and demands that you relax.  I think that is the key to a good golf swing, the ability to focus on the task at hand and execute.  Many times I would find my mind wandering about other concerns and my next shot was errant or the biggest slice ever.  I have had my clubs adjusted to fit my swing path.  

Apparently I am 2 degrees flat.  A long time ago I was fitted for clubs and was deemed to be standard length and lie.  But in the last few weeks I have become a more aggressive ball striker.  It is nice to hear the cracking noise.  I do not know what it is about a good shot that cheers my spirit but it’s a good feeling.  The loud crack of the club striking the ball is great.  I know golf is like big kid marbles…over Christmas one of my uncles related it to adult fetch.  In a way its true, maybe it is adult fetch, but not of a ball but rather of a goal, the pursuit of perfection.

No comments: