Friday, October 22, 2010

Hills and the little fence

I ran a 9 mile loop last night.  The first 2.5 miles were lackluster.  I could not warm up and had to stop and walk up some of the hills.  I just did not have it in me.  I kept cursing at the hill as if it would flatten out for me.  I was questioning my resolve.  I noticed myself getting mad, not my normal running feeling.  I recalled ago…you are doing this; no one has a gun to your head telling you to run late into the night.  So I paused my cursing and blaspheming deciding to make margaritas out of lemons.  Walk/sprint intervals up the hills and just get though them.  I changed my mental attitude and saw fatigue as an opportunity.  It made the miles go and lifted my spirits.  I had never really hit “the wall” before, but I am assuming that’s more or less what it feels like but on a greater scale, i.e. I hit a fence.  I just have to log this experience and keep on going. Left right left right left.

No comments: