Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Running in Rain - cosigners - A Little Bruce Lee Motivation

Last night I felt good on the run.  I did not warm up until 1.5 miles and even at that point it was still a struggle to keep myself in check.  I wanted to open the stride up and go faster.  It was raining last night, but a peaceful serenity came over me.  The raindrops gave me something to focus on besides any aches and pains. 

It does not help to know what must be done or how we must do something without actually attempting it.  For example the “cosigners”.  You know those guys who are always in the background and “co-sign” comments.  For example, if a joke is told at anyone’s expense, the cosigner will jeer, and re-tell the joke ad nausium or they will be the voice in the back saying “I would not let him tell me that.”  Guess what, they would, and they do because their fuel is not theirs it is yours.  I have had the blessing to meet some of the kindest warmest souls who “deserve” so much more than their lot in life, yet they never go out there and get it.  As I was stepping out of my house last night to run I was asked, where are you going it is raining?  My response was thoughtless; outside, going running.

Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." - Bruce Lee

No comments: