Monday, January 11, 2010

1st day - Spring Semester



Finished my first day back at school;  I think I missed it more than I could imagine.  I know I am a nerd and it’s a sad truth but I really did miss the challenge of learning something new.  Unfortunately along with the joy of education comes the Los Angeles traffic as well as the feeling of helplessness amongst a sea of study aids and books.


I am glad to be in my same professor’s class for contracts.  I don’t know what it is about the way that she teaches but I simply understand.  I have at least 1 or 2 “ahah” moments in her class.  It’s really enjoyable.  I do feel like an idiot when I ask questions though, but when I ask people sitting beside me they are in the dark as well.
 
My writing class is going to different this semester than last.  The last term I had difficulty with the teaching style, but this semester I am getting a good vibe.  Especially when we were told that we would have to think on our feet and be able to engage in different aspects of court functions.  We shall see, hopefully torts will be understandable.  I have started reading the torts study guide to try and get a grip on what’s going on and I am fairly lost already. 
 
I read an interesting article about the proposition 8 arguments that are going to be heard in San Francisco.  Now I rarely share my political views on anything because I believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinion no matter how much I may agree or disagree with it.  But in regards to this issue a blog I read drew attention not to the result, because we all know that the loser will appeal no matter what until hopefully it gets heard by the US Supreme Court. 


However, instead of the issue the blog focused on stating the importance of how they get to the answer, because the issue is so hotly debated it will be important to get the steps right, almost more important than the decision itself.  I am also glad that they put a hold on putting the trial on you tube.  I think that justice should be free from the pressure of knowing that what you say will have equal or maybe even lesser value than how you look or act.  Think Kennedy debates, he looked better than Nixon…people that heard the debate on the radio gave Nixon the win I believe and others who saw it on TV saw it Kennedy’s way.  Hopefully history does not repeat itself in this case.


No comments: