Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sunday Post


Over the last few weeks I feel like I have been a total slacker with my health.  Not that I am being unhealthy or not working out because I am.  I feel that I have not picked it up to a level where I can see better results.  So I have decided that I am going to take a break from going out until April.  I talked about it with a friend of mine and he agrees and gave me some good reasons.    I feel some down time to figure stuff out will help, just to get away from certain scenery and then figure out what I am going to do.  I promised myself that 2010 is not going to be the year I see fly by just like 2009 was.  I am going to make positive changes and most likely leave San Clemente.  I love this town…so I will decide if it is official in April.  Now why is April so special you may ask?  Well there is something going on in April that I have decided to try and be a part of.  I know I am being ambiguous for a reason, because I am not going to say, obviously.  However that’s the projected time, so that becomes my projected time.  It will make sense later. 
Besides that Law school is going great, the traffic is not that horrible anymore.  I used to have to worry about it and I can honestly say I am back to commuter status.  I received the problem that we have to read for the legal writing class.  I am not too excited, but I will take it as a challenge and dive right in.  Also I apparently missed the greatest Tort class for me in particular according to some people in class.  The professor went over the history of Torts and the philosophical ramifications and implications of Tort law.  I am not mad I missed the class, yes second day of class and I missed, because I was busy having a 36 hour relationship with the flu.  I was so tired and so dehydrated I could not really function.  I actually left work half the day on Thursday and spent Friday (all day) literally drinking water and sleeping.  Anyway I will have to work twice as hard in that class now so the professor knows I am working hard; I don’t want him to think I am a slacker. 
My golf swing; ah what can I say.  The swing is looking better every day, but I am not getting it to produce the distance I want.  I am accurate, and that’s fine.  I want about 10-20 yards more per club.  I know it’s greed, sorry.  I like the fact that I am accurate and feel more in balance.  Yet I am not rolling the wrists as I should and the club simply doesn’t react well to me.  I don’t know why.   The last bit was a lie, I know that I am striking the ground a ¼ inch too soon which causes the me to swing on the upswing.  If I tear through the ground it may fly at the expense of a bruise wrist, or if the ground is to tough the face will open and create my standard weak fade.  I am on it though.  Its good.


No comments: